You can add new time entries or modify existing items in grid view.
To add a new time entry:
- Click +Add Row to open a new entry in the Time Entry panel.
- The new time entry will appear in the grid with the entry icon in the Type column.
- You can enter the item details directly in the Grid view: Choose the Client and Matter and enter the number of hours.
- See Time Entry Panel for information on how to enter the item's data and narrative there.
To modify an item:
- Select an item. (Note that you can modify only New or Saved items.)
- You can modify the item's data in the grid or in the Time Entry panel.
- See Time Entry Panel for information on how to modify and item's data there.
Hint: You can revert items from Released to Saved if you need to modify them further. Posted items cannot be reverted or modified.
To Save or Release one or more items:
- Select the checkboxes for the item(s) in the grid, then use the action button to Save or Release them.
Merge time entries
You can combine time entries into a single entry to consolidate their hours.
To merge two or more time entries:
- In the grid, select the entry that you want to merge the other entries into. This is called the anchor entry. If this entry has a Client and Matter assigned, merged entries must either have the same Client and Matter assigned, or have no Client and Matter assigned.
- Select the checkboxes for the other entries you want to merge into the anchor entry.
- In the actions button pull-down, click Merge.
- The Type icon changes to indicate that this is a merged entry. The Title displays the titles of all the merged entries.